2-5 year plan
Prek-12 social emotional counselor
ISST team support
Collaborate with Behavior Specialist
Work with HS students planning for their post-secondary goals
Support of Staff
Collaborate with mental health service agencies as a liaison for Ouray Students
Identify appropriate mental health services
Being an integral part of the School wide Crisis team & Threat Assessment Team
- Be available to help the student with his/her personal problems.
- Confer, when appropriate, with students, staff, and parents.
- Assist the student in planning his/her educational program.
- Utilize appropriate school and community resources.
- Assist in providing orientation services for new students.
- Maintain records necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
- Communicate the role of the counselor to the school and community
- Interpret test scores to students, staff, and parents
- Attempt to confer with each student a minimum of one time per semester.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Provides and/or coordinates clinically behavioral health interventions to individual students, groups of students, and families regarding behavioral health concerns
- Advocates for students with parents, teachers, school administrators, and other agencies
- Provide crisis intervention—Threat Assessment Team
- Serve as a liaison between families and the school for students with identified behavioral health interventions
- Participates in student mental health screenings, substance abuse screenings, and threat assessments
- Assist in developing intervention strategies to increase academic success
- Assist with conflict resolution and anger management
- Help the child develop appropriate social interaction skills
- Assist the child in understanding and accepting self and others
- Provide case management for students and families requiring multiple resources
- 504 Coordinator
- Homeless and Migrant Liaison
- Facilitate and/or support Section 504, IEP & ALP plans and students/families
- Collaborate with health education teachers to provide quality health instruction to students
- To assist each student to achieve his/her capacity in all areas to include the social and emotional needs of students
- To assist each student to make optimum personal, vocational, and educational choice
- To assist each student to become aware of himself/herself in terms of his/her strengths and limitations as they relate to his/her life goals and personal satisfaction
Please submit the certified application found at ouray.k12.co.us. Email completed applications to Kimberly Sills at email@example.com, fax to 970-325-7343, or mail to PO Box N, Ouray, CO 81427. For further information please contact Scott Pankow at 970-325-4505.